Internet safety is of utmost important to us. Blogging provides us with the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic, exciting way whilst connecting with classrooms all over the world to enhance our learning experience.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging:
- Only students’ first names will be used on the blog. Surnames will not be used and photos will only be used with parent consent.
- Personal information such as birth dates, phone numbers, specific plans, etc. will not be used on the blog.
- Posts written by students will be checked by teachers before they are published on the blog.
- All comments must be approved a the teacher before they are published on the blog.
- Students will be encouraged to participate on other class blogs with teacher/parent supervision.
- Parents who comment on the blog are asked to adhere to blogging guidelines and etiquette and are reminded to use only first names so that the identity of their child or others is not revealed.
- All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous.
- The work of others will not be used without attribution and permission.